Everything in one place
Looking for a platform for sharing FLARECAST and space weather outreach slides, I opened the SlideShare account slideshare.com/the-active-sun.
- All slides in one place, they are easy to retrieve, share and re-use.
- Sharing doesn’t imply attaching big documents to emails anymore.
- Presentations can be easily embedded into websites (flarecast.eu or your own website) with the SlideShare embedding code. See FLARECAST outreach activities, scroll down to FLARECAST public lectures.
Adding to social media communication
More than a side effect, SlideShare is a social media channel addressing target groups other than those reached by Twitter, our currently preferred social media platform. Views come in almost automatically.
Sustainability: Building up a social media channel takes months or years. It is not always useful to do so only for the duration of a single project. Having chosen a generic name for the internet address (the-active-sun), our SlideShare account can be used, and will have impact, beyond the scope and duration of the FLARECAST project.
How to use SlideShare for your slides?
- I am happy to give you the login information for uploading your slides.
- Alternatively, send me the presentation and I will upload it for you.
- If possible, embed the slides into some other website (your own, your institution’s?) and share on your social media channels, increasing the communication effect.
- Preview existing presentations for slides you might use for your next public talk.
Nice to have:
- Some generic slides presenting FLARECAST and the core topics involved in it. As soon as I have time …
- All FLARECAST output (publications, talks, data, code, educational materials) in one public repository. However, platforms such as Figshare don’t really work for outreach. SlideShare is a practical but not yet ideal solution.